Northern Clearing provides a wide variety of vegetation management services to help utilities and municipalities meet the demands of modern regulations and budgets. We pride ourselves on being a step ahead of the competition, adapting quickly and managing the toughest projects that other contractors do not have the resources to accomplish, while providing a superior level of safety, compliance, and production.
Northern Clearing has achieved ISO 9001, 14001, and 18001 certifications in documentation, environmental, and safety compliance. We are also a leader in employee education, providing Northwoods Technical College administered training sessions in a wide variety of topics including chainsaw safety, tree climbing techniques, and electrical hazards awareness. This approach ensures that our training and trainers meet a higher standard and provides us excellent documentation of each employees’ training.
Our in-house training is further enhanced with outside training, and we actively help employees become ISA Certified Arborists and TCIA Certified Tree Care Safety Professionals; we now have numerous employees with those credentials. Any of our projects that involve working near pressurized pipelines are staffed with personnel that are properly “operator qualified” for their tasks by the client-specified organizations.
Some services Northern Clearing provides include:
- Electrical transmission line right-of-way maintenance
- Electrical distribution line clearance trimming and maintenance
- Multi-state herbicide application including right-of-way, roadsides and substations
- Invasive weed control
- Pressurized pipeline right-of-way maintenance, widening and reclamation
- Live electrical line right-of-way widening
- Specialty wetland services for all right-of-way types
- Communication tower site maintenance